Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thinking of family

Thinking a lot about my family.

Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary. That's right. 22. Tomorrow my oldest child turns 20 years.

Call me old -- go ahead I'll wait.

There.

Now that you have that out of your system, think for a minute.

Young, old, middle of the road it doesn't matter. Who you have around you, the people, the friends, the ones you call loved ones... they are the ones that matter. They are the ones who will be there when... when whatever happens. Name a catastrophe. They'll be there. Name a downfall. There they are. Name a bad time in your life...

Those of us who have special someones in our lives who are there for us, take a moment and think about the value you SHOULD place on that love. It's immeasurable, I know. But think.

Now go and love (honor, respect, celebrate) them for it.

Those of you who do not at the moment have folks around like these people, I really hope that you will get some. Because it really helps. When your'e down. Or, if you just need a reminder of how utterly awesome it is to be loved and to give love.

Peter Gabriel said it best. Don't give up. You're not beaten yet. Don't give up now. I know you can make it good.

Later...


No comments:

Post a Comment