Friday, September 7, 2012

An update of sorts...


Hello fellow Multiversians!

As you have probably noticed I have been a little lax with my blog updates lately. Yes, I have been slacking. Sue me.

You have been down there Oliver, you know that road.

But, never fear. I HAVE been working.

In fact, that’s why I am blessing you with today’s blog... as an update to exactly what I have been up to lately.

I HAVE been working on the Culver Bishop novel EVERY PURPOSE UNDER HEAVEN.

Things are moving along quite well on that front. Culver’s character is fleshing out nicely and her antagonists (the bad guys) are really starting to shape up as well.

It’s amazing how things turn as you write a story. Some things I thought would exist when I first started have bloomed and blossomed and exploded and defecated all over the computer monitor and the story-salad that is the product of all that expulsive spasm-ing has become more than I could have ever dreamed possible. Well, I did KINDA dream it was possible otherwise I would have never started the story. So, yea, kudos to me... pat myself on the back... host my own little “Jolly Good Fellow” party...

ALSO:

And this is really the BIG news.

My first Romy Malloy novel BRILLIANT DISGUISE will be released VERY VERY SOON!

That’s right. We are working diligently to narrow down iron out firm up solidify pinpoint hone in on shore up define locate finger get a fix on earmark determine define the exact date, but believe me... it WILL BE SOON!

We are finalizing the cover for Romy Malloy, and believe me... if you liked the Plotters of Cantaera cover (see it here) then you will definitely like the Romy Malloy cover because it’s being done by the same artist. You can see this brilliant artists work here.

ALSO:

Yes I could say “But Wait! There’s more!”

I am planning a FREE offer (as in giveaway, take for free, have your way without so much as a kiss first) for the first book in the Plotters of Cantaera trilogy. It will likely be a TWO DAY giveaway and will likely occur around the first week of October. More to come on that.

Now, in keeping with Romy Malloy and Culver Bishop (that is scifi stuff for you neophytes) here are a couple of really cool stories I have read lately in the REAL science front which have succeeded in tempting my imagination into leaping into new realms of thought and amazement.

First, here is a link to a story that speaks about the possibility of using WATER filled walls in spacecrafts to guard against radiation and other uncomfortable intrusions whilst traveling in space. This would be cool. It brings to mind (to my mind at least) the vision of a safe and secure womb and I’m the baby attached to the umbilical sucking the juices of life from some cosmic mother...

(Thanks to Popular Science)

And finally, here is a news release from NASA announcing the latest selection of an astrobiology science team to head up the search for signs of life OUT THERE. They received about a $40 million award and are tasked to work with the Mars and Kepler missions to “provide the critical interdisciplinary expertise needed to interpret data from these missions and plan future astrobiology-focused missions."


We all know what the Mars mission is up to, but Kepler may be new to you. Kepler is trying to discover new planets. Its mission is “specifically designed to survey a portion of our region of the Milky Way galaxy to discover dozens of Earth-size planets in or near the habitable zone and determine how many of the billions of stars in our galaxy have such planets.”

Wow. I like this... no I LOVE this stuff. Expensive, sure. But WOW!

Here’s a link to Kepler:

So, there’s your update folks. Now you know what I have been up to.

So stop stalking me! Ok, just kidding. You can keep stalking me.

Later!

PPC



3 comments:

  1. So much going on Paul! All good stuff it seems, so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And staying busy keeps me out of trouble!!

    ReplyDelete