Thursday, December 27, 2012

Drinking the Kool-Aid



Hello fellow Multiversians!

It has been indicated to me that my posts and writings have of late become a dark and brooding miasma.

And so... In looking to the New Year and because I do not wish to offend or turn away ANYONE from my posts, I have decided to make a few changes in the way I view the world. No longer will I viciously attack and address with frustration the things I encounter which might cause me agitation or anger or fill me with the incipient desire to bloviate at top volume until I turn blue in the face.

Nope. No more. You might say I am drinking the Kool-Aid, taking the Blue Pill, from here on out I will BE Pollyanna and view the world only through rose colored glasses and think of the world only as a wonderful place to be and to live and I will accept everything that every commercial tells me is real and believe everything that springs forth from every politicians mouth regardless of the ludicrousness of it all.

 
To that end, there are a few terms and definitions that will be changed here and any other version or term will not be allowed.

For example:
The FISCAL CLIFF will now be referred to as “that minor economic speed bump that was after all needed”.

GUN CONTROL will only be referred to as “removing the scissors from the children’s hands”.

Wars in the Middle East will only be referred to as “Ahmed’s Really Bad Day”.

Wicked Weather will be referred to as “An over abundance of Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows.”

Apocalyptic thinking and Doomsday Preparation will now be “That Grumpy Bear Syndrome”.

Yep folks, I can already feel the stress leaving my body! My mind is free and my cares are floating away on a slight wind reminiscent of the tang of sea salt and freshly washed sheets blowing in a warm breeze!

After all, just breathing isn’t living!

Like Pollyanna herself said: “What men and women need is encouragement. Their natural resisting powers should be strengthened, not weakened…. Instead of always harping on a man’s faults, tell him of his virtues. Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits. Hold up to him his better self, his REAL self that can dare and do and win out!

Why didn’t I think of this before? I mean, when you look for the bad, expecting it, you will get it.

When you know you will find the good—you will get that!

This is so LIBERATING!

All you nasty worriers and thinkers out there can just go fly a kite! The world IS a wonderful place and you can just go kiss a beehive if you don’t think so! But don’t linger over the hive... I really don’t want anyone to be injured.

Pish posh.




No comments:

Post a Comment